Devotion is a key characteristic of sports fans, but golf enthusiasts are a separate breed that lives and breathes the sport. Golf captivates bettors that look for opportunities to profit by wagering on the game’s professionals.
If you identify with the description provided, it’s time to find the sportsbooks that will cater to your golf passion, with reasonable odds and diverse betting types. In our guide, we identify flexible betting sites which cover the Majors, PGA Tour, and international golf leagues.
How We Identify The Best Golf Betting Sites
Selecting a sportsbook is similar to choosing a new golf course to play at. You have to learn the nuances to get the best impression, and because nobody has the time to vet every platform, we offer a few criteria that can help filter out the best golf betting sites.
- Safety & Trustworthiness: This is a priority point. By examining the company’s history and reputation, payment processors, and bettor’s reviews, you can get a better understanding of the site's performance and reach a fair conclusion.
- Legitimacy: The first thing an experienced bettor looks for on a site is the license from a reputable institution. Licenses are evidence of legitimacy, signaling the betting platform plays by industry standards.
- Finding the Best Odds: Because of the nature of the sport, the golfer is not the only factor when creating the odds. Elements like traveling, weather factors, and course layout heavily influence performance. Oddsmakers consider it all, making for interesting odds.
- Golf Betting Bonuses: Promotions are a staple in betting sites, attempting to entice punters with deposit bonuses and loyalty programs. Bonuses should never be a key factor but the last piece in the puzzle that formulates the decision.
Top 5 Golf Betting Sites
It may seem like an overwhelming task to identify the best golf betting sites from the online sea of sportsbooks that make fantastic promises. Fortunately, some betting sites live up to the marketing. you can check out the following gambling platforms.
The amount of bettors that wager on PGA and other golf tournaments is growing fast. As a sportsbook with a quarter-century in the industry, BetUS leads the way with all-inclusive coverage, offering attractive odds and promo codes for different tournaments.
Take a swing with a head–to–head matchups bet or props wager on a platform with a reputation for safety and reasonable payout speeds.
Golf enthusiasts benefit from a considerable range of betting types, odds, and lines at Bovada. Owned by the Bodog brand, it’s a trusted online platform that covers the most prestigious golf tournaments.
The limited options in the cashier section are compensated with efficient deposits and payouts. Additionally, the promotions follow the industry standards. And with customer support agents that promptly answer queries, it’s a well-rounded golf betting platform.
The first on our list is Everygame sportsbook — an online betting platform established in 1996. Everygame is quite well known throughout the world today, primarily for its premium sports betting, as well as poker. You might have heard about this platform before, as it only recently rebranded into Everygame Sportsbook, and before that, it was known as Intertios.eu. The platform originally held the Kahnawake Gaming Commission’s license, but after that, it switched to the Curacao license in 2016 after the Commission stopped licensing US sites.
Still, while it changed the name and license, one thing that remained the same is its fairness, user-friendliness, and accessibility. Everygame offers tons of sports that you can bet on, including soccer, tennis, basketball, football, boxing, cricket, ice hockey, golf, and much, much more. It also has its own casino, featuring around 180 different games. There are also many popular payment options, such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Paysafe Card, American Express, and others. Customer support is available 24/7 via email and live chat, and the platform is even available on mobile.
One thing to note, however, is that it is available in most US states, but not all, with the exceptions being New York, New Jersey, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, and Washington.
Name the major golf tournament, and BetOnline includes it in its sports section, everything from the Masters, PGA, US Open, and British Open gets offered with in-play and proposition bets.
The sportsbook has a quality banking suite that caters to North American and international punters with a solid selection of online payment solutions that support the US and international players. It also rewards new bettors with a 25% welcome bonus on the first deposit, which can get played on golf.
Sportsbetting.ag’s website has a streamlined interface that makes navigating the platform and locating golf markets pretty easy. The platform's wagering offer is up to par in the quality department when compared with other betting sites.
The big difference is the accent on cryptocurrency. Most bonuses can get activated by depositing Bitcoin or other types of crypto.
As a secure platform, Sportsbetting.ag offers USA & Canadian punters the choice of various betting types with competitive odds.
Golf Betting Types
Individual sports such as golf are perceived as easier for bettors to predict the victor, but that doesn’t mean reduced betting types. Standard betting formats get adapted for the nature of the sport, and proposition wagers are very popular, although not every sportsbook allows them.
- Head-to-Head Matchups – It’s a bet on the direct duel between two golfers at the same event. These bets will usually be posted as Justin Thomas -1.5 (-150). The first number reveals that Justins’ score has to be at least two strokes lower for the bet to win, while the second number shows the payout value of the wager.
- Betting on a Player to Win – You can wager on a golfer to win the entire tournament. These types of bets offer long odds. For example, Phil Mickelson – 6/1, which means bettors will have to invest $100 to win $600 if Mickelson triumphs at the tournament.
- In-Play Golf Betting – It’s an option that permits bettors to wager on who will win the next hole while the game is active. The wagering option is also known as live betting and is not allowed by every platform. Still, it’s a fun option.
- Prop bets – These are wagers about hypothetical situations, and the punter needs to choose if an event will occur. Some examples include: is there going to be a hole in one, or will a given player hit a ball into a bunker at hole 15?
Golf 2022: What are the Odds?
A curious thing for newbie bettors is that a golfer can be a favorite in one tournament and an underdog in another golf tour. And the reason is that previous results on a given golf course and current injuries all factor in the final odds that sportsbooks offer.
Most frequently odds are presented in fractional format, and sportsbooks ensure a large selection of odds for wagering.
Betting on golf is a science because every course is different. Accordingly, tracking a golfer's past performance is a prerequisite for success. The sport's popularity has given it a prominent spot in most sportsbooks, and bettors should be diligent in selecting a golf betting site.
It’s a relaxing sport that at times, can be an exhilarating experience for players and spectators, who can inject an extra dose of thrill by wagering on attractive odds.
What Tournaments Can I Bet on?
It depends on the sportsbook you are using. Typically, the offer includes the Masters, US Open, PGA and US PGA, Ryder Cup, and the European Tour.
Can I use Cryptocurrencies to Wager on Golf?
Most betting sites accept crypto as a deposit method. Consequently, Bitcoin is the most used digital coin on sportsbooks. However, check the cashier section of the chosen betting site for more details.
How Does Golf Betting Work?
You first have to register at an online betting site. Then, with an active account funded with a deposit, you can choose the golfer and type of bet.
David has an unbelievable amount of knowledge when it comes to casinos, and sports betting. He enjoys reporting on anything betting related.